Skip to main content

rubber band

This rubber band came into my life this week . . . and I noticed, because most of the rubber bands I see on a daily basis, wrapped around bundles of mail, are shades of tan and beige. Occasionally, I come across a blue band that has been used to secure celery stalks or flower stems. But, orange . . .


As it happens, I was working on a thank you note for Devon Warren, editor of GreenCraft magazine. Some of my work was included in the Autumn 2014 edition (more on that later), and I wanted to express my appreciation. Being in a “green” state of mind only fueled my interest in creating something with the rubber band.

And this is what emerged-- courtesy of a hairpin, stamp, and some college marketing materials.


I know this seems to be a particularly silly post, but I think that’s exactly what it needs to be. This past week has been filled with everything but silly—waiting on results of a biopsy, meeting deadlines, reconciling bank accounts, etc.  I was in dire need of some playful, creative time to balance some of the fruitful, yet somewhat draining, intensity of recent events.

So today, I’m thankful for “green” thoughts, orange bands, negative test results, and so much more.

Comments