Skip to main content

source of support

While I was traveling, I received an email from Paper Source, one of my favorite fine paper vendors, which stated that 20% of the proceeds from the sale of Lokta papers will go to their partners in Nepal for earthquake relief*. Lokta fine papers are handcrafted in Nepal, and their producers are part of the Paper Source family, which was founded on the art of handcrafted paper.


I thought it would be appropriate for me to share this information, because I’ve used Lokta paper for a number of projects, including this bottle wrap that is presently featured in GreenCraft’s Summer 2015 edition. (The wrap also incorporates the paper’s shipping cylinder.)


If you haven’t worked with Lokta paper before, this might be an excellent time to do so. Its creative possibilities are endless. I have used it to make cards, notebooks, tags, and sachets, collage pieces and so much more. When framed, sheets of this paper can also serve as beautiful pieces of art. I just picked up a lovely new design this weekend and can’t wait to see what projects will arise from its use.

The Paper Source email reminded me, lest I forget, that creative connections can transcend any borders that may lie between us. We are often bound by beauty.


*This support effort will continue through May 31, 2015.

Images:  GreenCraft Summer 2015 Copyright © 2015 Stampington & Company, LLC


Comments