Skip to main content

gardening tips

My husband and I recently returned from a trip to the Northwest. Our travels included visits with family and friends, as well as a bit of exploring. The flowers I saw on Bainbridge Island were lovely, and our hike through Lummi Island’s fern laden Baker Preserve was breathtaking--in more ways than one. I’m an avid walker, but a 3.2-mile hike upon a trail that rises 1050 feet is not my usual trek.


I rarely see flowers like the island's dahlias and hydrangeas. Occasionally, I come across a handful of these, or similar varieties, at our local market. A few months ago, I found some pink peonies, which I dried and eventually used in this little project.


I thought these mini seed envelopes might be sweet attached to a gardening calendar or tied to a small gift. I consider them little “gardening” tips, each offering a touch of beauty and a bit of simple wisdom.


Comments