Skip to main content

all wrapped up

Have you ever found something in your house and wondered what it’s for and why you even have it? Such was the case with this cotton candle wrap. Well, it wasn’t a wrap when I found it. I just thought it might be. Only later, did my brilliant, good friend tell me (nonchalantly, of course) it was a rolling pin cover. 

Although this cotton wrap could be embellished in a number of ways, I rather like its plain appearance. It reminds me of a soft cotton sweater. And since its winter, the perfect season for such apparel, and since the landscape is peppered with beautiful dried leaves, I paired the two together. I’ve used the same design on a tall glass bottle and vase. It’s an easy and inexpensive way to bring a bit of beauty into your home.

Postscript: By the way, if you’re interested in baking, instead of decorating, these covers work wonderfully, as intended, on a rolling pin.

Comments