Skip to main content

lily garden

I’ve developed some new pieces for an art show that will be taking place this weekend. While much of my work within the past year has been inspired by my rural Texas roots and a renewed interest in my maternal grandparents’ immigrant experience, my current collages reference my religious upbringing and the spiritual path I’ve traveled since.


This is one of my favorites. It features an image from Brugge and a most amazing site in my community- The International Waterlily Garden.

A fellow creative asked me to produce an art piece for this year’s Lily Fest, which resulted in an unexpected visit to the lily garden. It was a rare August day, cloudy and cool. I became quickly enamored with the site and the lilies’ sculptural shapes. I’m looking forward to working with more of the images I captured that lovely day.

Comments

  1. Thank you.

    I'll be working with another Mary image as well--one I photographed last week. I hope you'll enjoy the results.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment