Skip to main content

on exhibit

I’ve been busy in the studio preparing exhibition submissions and creating new works.  Lily Garden l and Reflection Over Time were selected for the Permian Basin Juried Art Exhibition at the Ellen Noël Art Museum (May 31-June 29, 2018), and a new collage, Discarded Too, is included in the National Collage Society’s Small Format Exhibition at the Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio (May 27-July 29, 2018).


While much of my work within the past few years has been inspired by my rural Texas roots and maternal grandparents’ immigrant experience, these exhibition pieces pay homage to my religious upbringing and the spiritual path I’ve traveled since. The various works combine some of my favorite handcrafted papers, photographs and various discarded materials, including a cigar wrapper, Ikea insert, wine label and paper bag remnants.

Comments

  1. I know I need to visit more rdg uh lately, but I love that you express yourself artistically

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment